Spela i Japan

Allmänna diskussioner om Warhammer 40,000
frans

Spela i Japan

Inlägg av frans »

I have been living in Nagoya now for 8 months and thought I'd write a little of how it is to play miniature games here. I'll write in english so so I can give my english speaking friends here the link.

Nagoya is the fourth largest city in Japan with 2.17 million inhabitants in the city but the metropolitan area has 8,8 million inhabitants on the same area as Stockholm County. So no problem in finding gamers? Actually it is not that easy as there are very few Japanese players and most of them only play warmachine/hordes. Everyone that I have played with are "westerners" (Swedish/Brittish/American/Australian/New zealand/Canadian) and they all work as english teachers. There is probably around 15 active players in the area.

As you already might have figured out, space is something very expensive so there is no gaming club but there is a room booked the last Sunday of each month in a model store. All terrain has to be carried there and back.

The players here are very friendly and dedicated. They are not what we would classify as competitive.

There is a weekend each year where they try to gather as many 40k players as possible for a tournament, I think there was 16 players. A very nice happening with a pleasant Izakaya (Japanese bar/informal restaurant) evening out after the first day. A few westerners came down from Tokyo to play.
Bild

The local GW store is not so very big and not particularly burglary safe
Bild

Användarvisningsbild
Jörgen

Re: Spela i Japan

Inlägg av Jörgen »

Small store :shock: but better then nothing at all :D

Användarvisningsbild
evr

Inlägg av evr »

I guess the Japanese are more honest than us westerners. Store security like that wouldn't survive 5 minutes after closing time here.

Silversixx

Inlägg av Silversixx »

Otroligt ballt, Frans!

Skriv svar